Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:41:51 -0500
...the idea of a ferret with opposable thumbs has got me pretty scared, I
have to admit. *I* always figured if they were just cuddly they could
control the world with mind control. But thumbs....gak!

Have been using a combination of all suggestions...and thanks to all of you
who gave suggestions!...on Piper our biter.  She has gotten to the point
where she *loves* to play, but she still bites a bit hard to play with
humans...though she tries!  We do play "the blanket game" a lot, and use a
towel or gloves to pick her up, and are getting results with either forcing
knuckles into the roof of her mouth or scruffing when she does bite.  She
has stopped biting when we take her out of her cage, and now pretty much
only bites as we try to coax her back *into* the cage, yet she spends a lot
of her "loose time" in the cage as well, feeling safe, I guess.  And she
figured out what ferretone is.  :-)

Thanks again..

Laurel and the zoo

Laurel Gilbert, Am Cult Studies      *"Who controls the screen controls
[log in to unmask]               *the mind of the screen watcher. The
http://www.bgsu.edu/~lgilber/        *power struggles occur on screens."
Bowling Green State University, OH   *                -Timothy Leary