Date:
Mon, 29 May 2006 00:13:18 -0400
Can you imagine life with 83 ferrets?  The number of litter pans, food
bowls and water bottles?  And especially the amount of poop! :)  Include
more than half of these needing medications and soup feedings for some
of the meds AND to get some weight on the kids.

The new rescues are now eating our mix instead of Kit & Kaboodle, thank
goodness.  They're adjusting to their new surroundings altho we're still
shuffling ferrets and cages around to make things more workable and
finding who prefers to be with who.

It's very sad seeing so many needing medical care other than the things
Sandi and I can do at home.  One little guy had hind end damage besides
being adrenal and insulinomic.  He'll have x-rays this week.  Another,
a big, beautiful black-eyed white with a black nose needs blood work
other than us taking his bg at home, hopefully this week also.  He's
insulinomic, responding to pred but he still does not feel well.  Another
guy is very, very long, mostly bald on his hind end and so loving.  He
took a very long leap trying to reach me on the other side of the
barrier.  Fortunately, there was something to break his splat. :)

About 20 need adrenal surgery and/or melatonin implants and Lupron, we've
cleared up some of the gingivitis but it will only come back without
teeth cleaning.  We just don't have the funds to do so many things that
are necessary to bring these kids back to health and being ferrets again!

There's just not hours in the day to get things on eBay, pictures
uploaded, etc...There's constant rotations from early morning till late
at night and these kids sure don't know how to use a litter pan.  Yet.
We definitely could use help scooping poop!  Some young, strong hands
and backs!  Neither Sandi or I are as young as we used to be and I
definitely have her beat on age.

There's still so much we need for these guys.  Immediate needs are
medications, surgeries, a bottle of Lupron, melatonin implants, help with
vet bills..other needs are Revolution or Advantage, ADV testing, Gerber
Turkey-Stage 2 baby food, Hills Science Diet prescription a/d, water
bottles, lock-on food dishes, cages, litter, liter pans, quality ferret
foods, Odoban, cleaning supplies, cage floor mats, Ferretone, Laxatone,
Nutrical, gift certificates to Wal-Mart, Target, Tractor Supply, etc...
and especially adopters and homes for special needs kids.  Basically,
anything at all will be deeply appreciated.  Right now we have 4 bags of
litter for 82 ferrets and NO funds.  Scary.  George, the little one from
a/c who had his intestines coming out 3 days after surgery has me in debt
for $1200.00.  My mortgage payment for May was used for the after hours
ER vet.  But, he's doing wonderful now!

Two beautiful little girls have gone on to their forever homes but the
bad news is one has gone to the Bridge with liver failure.  Her vet tech
dad did as much as he could to help this tiny, so painfully thin little
girl.  But we were too late.  This is two of the new rescues and two old
time shelter kids in two weeks.

We truly do need help to help these kids.  Anything.  Especially forever
homes and homes for the special needs kids.

E-Mail:
Jackie - [log in to unmask]  PayPal info, same as email address
Sandi -  [log in to unmask]    PayPal info, same as email address

Vet Info:
John Rossi DVM, M.A.
2641 Park St.
Jacksonville, FL  32204
Phone:  904-388-3494
Please let them know any funds are for The Dook Nook/Heaven Scent.

I'll let you know as soon as we can get some items on eBay and when we
have some pictures for you to see the kids.

Please feel free to cross post.

Hugs and Blessings to all,
Jackie & Sandi