Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:54:05 -0600
Whew..things have been crazy around here.!  I'm about a month behind on
the list but refuse to delete because I know one day I will catch up. hehe

We moved into our new home Feb.  1st and I'm begining to wonder if the
craziness ever ends!  Our two boys Pogo and Chance now have their own
room.  Now they just wish mom would get on the ball and fix the place up!

"The Hubby" decided it was time for a dog.  (like I don't have enough to
tackle right now lol)  So we now have a 3month old Doberman (Valec)  Just
had his ears done and am running back and forth to the vet much more than
I want to. lol  He wants so bad to play with the boys but I simply refuse.
Too scared of my babies getting hurt.  Any time the boys are out in their
room he sits by the gate whining and throwing a fit.  He looks at me and
his eyes say "but mom, they're so cute (well duh), I only want to play
with them")  I don't think so.

Well to top things off I hear at work of a ferret that needs a home uh oh.
Ignorance infuriates me!  Here is what I have learnt so far about this
fuzzbutt in need.  He is 2-3yr old albino,possibly MF but not sure yet I
haven't seen him.  He seems to be another case of "mom I want one" and
not knowing anything about ferts.  He has only been to the vet once right
after they got him.

He has been fed cat food and dog food.  Even sleeps with the dogs and
cats sometimes I am told.  Seems to be a great escape artist based on all
the references of him getting outside and not coming home for days.  I
was told he was found in the pool once, floating on a raft!  He had been
there for about a week and sounds like he almost starved to death!  To
an overprotective ferret owned mom this is just beyond comprehension.  I
asked his name and they are not sure what his name is...how can you be
3yrs old and not have a name?!  Well he is no longer in this environment
he was dropped off on a coworkers porch in the cold!  The woman that has
him now does not want him and doesn't seem to know anything about ferts
either.  She is thinking about taking him to a pet store to sell him.
Which puts him at risk for the same treatment or worse.  If something
happens and I can't take him I will see about posting more info for
anyone interested.

The Hubby is as mad as I am about the life this little boy has lived so
far and seems all for rescuing him.  I'm told that he has never bit
anyone, loves to give kisses, and was worn as a "scarf" lol by the little
girl in the house.  At least he seems to have had some love.  Doesn't
sound like he is litter trained and as I said before is a great escape
artist.  We are going to go see him this weekend and check him out.  I"m
worried about bringing him home until he has been checked out by my vet
but I want him in a loving home like yesterday.  Am I right in not
bringing him home until he's been checked out?  Is there anything specific
I should make sure he's checked for?  I'm in TN and state laws won't let
ferts be vaccinated for rabies how dumb is this?  Especially with a ferts
that goes outside and sleeps with dogs.  Pogo has always been very
healthy.  Chance on the other hand always seems to have some troubles.
We've just learned to roll with the punches and have decided that he just
isn't normal.  I'll cover that in another post though.  We don't have
very fert experience vets in the area so I feel like I'm somewhat alone
when something goes wrong.  Anyway another post ...

Any comments or suggestion would be great.

Dooks and Kisses
Heather
Pogo "Just give me a chance I'll get this $%#@ gate open"
Chance  "Look Mom I flop so cute"
Valec  "Mom please let me play with them!"