From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:15:31 -0600
Amy, I am so sorry to hear of the tragic loss of Nippers due to a centipede
bite.  You have done a great service to the ferret community by sharing
your painful experience with us.  Last summer I found a nearly dead
centipede on the floor of my ferret room.  Apparently the boys had been
playing with it and managed to harm it and not get bit themselves.  I am so
thankful for that.  I knew that centipedes are poisonous and I kept a
close eye on my boys for a couple of days to be sure no unusual behavior
developed.  There were no signs of any bite marks either.  I of course
disposed of the centipede, now I am worried about another one showing up
and my guys not being so lucky.  Since I've found several spiders in the
house, none so far in the ferret room, I am considering an exterminator
and hope that it will take care of any centipedes that may still be around.
Again, I am so sorry about your loss.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Julie and the fab four
Mickey-supposed to be head ferret
Poncho-is head ferret
Raz-just plain crazy