From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 1995 22:06:59 EST
On Sun, 25 Dec 1994 01:08:44 EST Bruce Williams DVM said:
>        While I know that the ferret FAQ says that you can overdose on
>     Vitamin A by giving too much, and it may be theoretically possible, I
>     have never seen a case of hypervitaminosis A, nor has one ever been
>     reported.

Indeed.  In fact, pregnant jills were given 4200 units of vitamin A/kg/day
day with no obvious effects.  The recommended dose for pregnant HUMANS is
about 5000 units PER PERSON (not per kg!).  I concur with Dr. Williams that
I was unable to find any mention of hypervitaminosis in ferrets in a literature
search.

Bill