From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:23:53 -0800
My first experience ever going into a petco...boy Did I have fun ;)  This
petco is in Huntsville Al...I went in there about 3 weeks ago just out of
boredom, and being in the area.  Lo-and behold, they had ferrets!  I just
had to see them!  First thing I noticed, was that almost all the fuzzies
were sneezing (the ones that were awake anyways)  They were in a decent
sized cage with a type of newspaper bedding on the bottom...Marshall
ferret litter I believe, along with a litter box, a few hammocks, and
toys and such.  I picked up one little albino boy, and my heart just
melted.  I noticed that he had a yellow discharge from his nose, and I
pointed this out to an employee.  I also noticed that there was a litter
box in the enclosure...but what was IN the litter box just about killed
me...Clumping CAT LITTER.  I talked to the manager who came in a little
later, and informed her of the risks of clumping litter, and the dust
that was more than likely causing the kits to sneeze.  Also I pointed out
that the little albino guy had discharge from his nose.  I watched the
employee get a little lecture about the litter, and she changed it to a
different type...I think it was yesterday's news. (my memory is bad LOL)

And also, another employee gave the albino some resperitory remedy, and I
think all the kiddo's needed it as they were all sneezing from either the
litter, or the sniffles.  Even educated the manager about Wardenburg's
syndrome (I can never spell that right) and pointed out some kits that
appeared to have some of the traits(some bibbed blazes, white tipped
toes, etc.)

I thinked i talked my mouth off ;)

Sorry for blabbing :)

-valerie