From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 13:40:51 -0400
Based on personal experience, I'd have to say it depends on the ferret
and the bond ... I have lost two ferrets who could not survive the loss
of their bond-mate, despite all the love, support and care provided by
me and the other ferrets ... and I have had others who made it, with
lots of support. Right now I have three, and Harley pretty much goes
his own way ... I would not worry about him being a single, or
re-mixing with other ferrets. He plays with every ferret he meets, but
at the end of the play period, he wants to be alone. I just introduced
a younger (#3) ferret to my first two, because Bailey is so old and
sick, and I wanted Harley to have a younger buddy to play with ... and
darn if the newby didn't bond to my old guy ... go figure. Some just
need another ferret, but when a really bonded pair is broken, it is
horrible to see one pining away ....