From:
meesh meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:20:02 -0700
I am ecstatic right now...just got back from school and Mighty Mouse's
blood work (blood glucose) was 100% normal..not even borderline.  I think
it's the first time this vet has ever seen me happy..ecstatic (for those
of you who dont' know..I lost four last year and Mighty Mouse had post-op
complications that required a second surgery- it was hell).  We were sure
it was a sign the insulinoma was back...even though she never had low blood
glucose before her adrenal surgery (where the insulinomas were found)
((interstingly, as an aside, her insulinomas were encapsulated - don't
think I've ever heard of that anywhere..anyone??)

Has anyone ever had their ferret hypersalivate out of stress??  Cats do
that but never heard of it with ferrets.  Interested if anyone else ever
had it happen for any other reasons.  These two incidents were a month
apart and she has no other signs of anythign...she's super healthy and
looks great and wild as ever :)

Off to study for midterms..hugs and kisses to all...and my heart goes out
to any who have recently lost any fuzzies or dealing with sick pets.

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ohio State University
Class of 2002