From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 19:48:59 -0400
Hi, Barbara!  I'm just catching up on old FML's, and your post on looking
for ferret food reminded me that I had been meaning to check the mail order
catalogs to see what is out there.  Here is what I came up with, from
companies which I know and respect for their low prices:

UPCO at 1-800-254-UPCO
sells L'Avian Ferret Diet at 3.5 lb. for $5.95 ($65/dozen) and 25 lb. for
$32.50

Omaha Vaccine Company at 1-800-367-4444
sells L.M. Deluxe (not quite certain of the name, and don't know the price)

Pet Warehouse at 1-800-443-1160
sells Kaytee Forti-Diet for Ferrets at 3 lbs. for $5.89 and 25 lbs. for
$23.98

Finally, Discount Master Animal Care USED TO sell 8-in-1 at a WONDERFUL
price ... I think it was something like $3.99 for 3 lbs.  I used to order
it in bulk from them, and was very pleased with it.

Unfortunately, I just found out this evening that they discontinued it.  The
lady I spoke with didn't know why, but said that if they get enough requests
to bring it back, they might do so.  (Needless to say, I've already
requested it).  Perhaps it wouldn't hurt for you to call them; their number
is 1-800-346-0749.

They have wonderful prices on a wide range of animal care products, so their
catalog is a good one to get, anyway .... Hope this is helpful to someone!

Ela Heyn