Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 21:35:16 -0500
My oldest girl Luna (6 years old) dislocated her hind left knee on
Thursday. She saw the vet today, which is where the diagnosis comes
from. Until then it was unclear whether she may have just strained
her leg.

There doesn't seem to be a lot to do in this situation, but the thought
of her hobbling around for the rest of her life is not something I want
to accept if there is any possible way to help her. She's otherwise
really healthy. I did get some Metacam today from the vet to help
reduce any possible swelling, which might help the knee cap to slide
back into place. The vet is going to look further for other possible
solutions, but she wasn't able to find any during my visit when looking
at her vet's database online.

If anyone has had any success in helping a dislocated knee cap
(luxating patella), Luna and I would certainly appreciate hearing
about it.

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl, Dozer, Possum,
Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and
Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, and Zoomer