From:
Tamara Wrzesinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 18:15:08 -0400
Hi everyone,

I am desparate to know if anyone has info on severe ferret anemias?  Our
ferret Samantha is 2 & 1/2 years old and over the past week or so sammy has
become more lethargic and has had decreased appetite- she also was getting
very pale so we took her to the ER and blood work showed that she was
extremely anemic and she was started on Oxyglobin.

We discussed with our Vet the possibilities

1)ovarian remnant producing estrogen (but her vulva was not swollen)
2)adrenal tumor that produces estrogen ( but she does not have typical
  physical findings for this)
3)something else

I went to visit her at the vets today and she looks so exhausted ( although
she did have enough energy to pull out her IV- so she was waiting to have
another one put in to get more Oxyglobin- we're waiting for another set
blood work results that were sent off to a specialty lab and should have
the results tomorrow.

Does anyone have any experience in ferret anemias- my husband and I are
very frusterated and scared of what it might be so if any one has any
ideas please let us know- ASAP!!

Thanks so much,

Tammy
Tamara Jennifer Green-Wrzesinski