Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1993 01:40:11 -0400
CT Hart <[log in to unmask]> writes...

>  Nothing funnier than watching Milo (silvermitt male) dragging the upright
>  across the room by that rubber bumper after I've vacuumed.  :^)

Or the full clothes baskets. :)

> > Check out the book "Ferrets in Your Home" published by TFH.  The Author is
> > Dr. Wendy Winstead.  She also wrote "Ferrets."  A book that I considered to
> > have some number of errors.  Apparently so did she, as she notes in her more
> > recent book "Ferrets in Your Home."  I like the recent book much better than
> > any other book I have read on the subject.
>
>  Does anyone have the ISBN number?
>
>  Christmas is coming, and my mother is always asking what to get me... :^)

The isbn is 0-86622-988-4.
Good luck.

> Eagles may soar, but ferrets don't get sucked into jet engines...   :)  :)  ;)
I like this.  :)

> Hello everybody!,
>
>         Anyway- I was wondering about what sorts of commercial cat foods
> poeple are using.  I know that Iams and other high-end diets are very
> good, but alas, I am but a poor student.  So, what sees to be a good
> choice within the realm of cat food you can get at the grocery store?  A

I would spend the slightly higher price.
You can afford it once every 5 or 6 weeks (or more).  After all the good
stuff not only will help your ferret stay healthy but you won't have to
use all of those additives that are necessary with cheaper stuff.

Your ferrets may eat less of the good stuff because of the protein content.
I have heard that proper nutrition will actuall lower the food intake
volume.  If this is true you will be spending only slightly more and your
ferret will thank you.

Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]> writes...
> Subject: Jodi's problem with Leopold
>
> Jodi
>
> I have disciplined him a lot.  I always feel really bad for thumping him
> on the nose because he cringes so when you rear back, but you can't let
> them get away with things like biting.  I always love him afterward and
> he will kiss me.  So, I feel like he doesn't really hold it against me
> that much.

If you don't want to beat your beast you can try sticking you finger into
the back of it's mouth.  This is not damaging providing you keep your
finger away from the back grinding teeth.  :)  I can get most ferrets to
not "bite" after doing this only  a few times.

BTW Our ferrets stil nip and we think it is cute.  There is, however, a
significant difference between nip and bite.
--
Brian & 'Nessa (watched over by) Priscilla & Herman (carpet sharks)
"Maybe it's a gift, a special talent that I, alone, possess!"  --Wembley