From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:00:13 -0500
Hi Kim,

I thank you for your reply, but quite frankly I'm still confused.
Previously you stated
>My doc feels that removing both at once can cause too much stress on
>ferrets.

Yet you now say
>I would rather have Tucker a little surgically stressed than to pose a
>risk to his life.

Either way the Ferret is stressed.  Correct?  Would it not then be wiser
to only stress the Ferret once?  Do you not realize that each and every
surgery poses a risk to the Ferrets life?  Why pose that risk twice?

As for the tumor being Malignant, how would your vet know unless the
tumor was biopsied?  If I understand correctly the tumor that was removed
was biopsied but not the one left behind.  In which case you have no way
of knowing if the remaining tumor is Malignant.

Being comfortable with your vet is one thing, trusting him/her without
question is another.  This, again, is a situation I personally would
question.  If it were my Ferret and my vet I would not be satisfied and
would definitly have questions.

Karen McCabe