From:
stephanie ann maehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 15:14:21 -0700
Hi, all!!!!  I hope everyone and their beloved fuzzies had a wonderful
holiday.  I just got back from two weeks in the dreaded, horribly ignorant
FFZ, California.  It is truly a beautiful state and would be nearly perfect
if they could just let fuzzies in.  Good news!  Sophie and Marty are doing
just fine and are healthy enough to keep up with Jake who is already as big
as Marty.  I think Sophie has managed to regain her authority which
definitely has put her in a better mood :).  And, still more good news, I'm
engaged to be married to a wonderful man who understands my love for my most
precious little ones.  He is in the Air Force, and in about 3 years he will
be reassigned which means we'll be moving from New Mexico.  It may be that
we will be moving to Germany--does anyone know what the laws are regarding
importing ferrets to Germany?  Or, we may be moving to CA.  So, does anyone
know what the status is on ferret legalization in CA?  Is there any hope now
that Mass.  has joined the FREE civilized world?  If there isn't any hope,
does anyone know a vet in Los Angeles who can and will treat ferrets even if
they're not legal?  Thanks!

Steph,
Sophie (Queen Ferret of the Universe),
Marty (Gentlest of all Gentleferrets), and
Jake (Spasmoidal Super Cutie--hey, Mom, I'm grown up now!)