From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:23:04 -0700
Hi Petey,

I hope XXX makes the roller derby team if that's what she really wants.
One thing that bothers me is the use of ferret in a warlike name.  Maybe
I misunderstand what she is wanting, but many of us have spent years
trying to change public perception of ferrets.  Names like Dagger and
Gator do not help improve the image of ferrets among people who do not
know.  I actually had an animal control director argue with me that
ferrets really are "like pitt bulls you know"...

We fight this battle often to stop the stereotyping and give ferrets a
fair chance in the unknowing public eye.  Please ask your friend to to be
very care what name she chooses..  Something like Weaselwardancers is
totally great, but Ferret the Throat out - maybe isn't the best image to
keep ferrets from still being seized and beheaded by ignornant persons
(those who simply have not learned yet).

Best of luck to your friend - I hope she makes the team.

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FerretCare/

There will be more to this story as time goes along, IF she makes the
team.  No let me change that to WHEN she makes the team So send all your
cool name ideas to [log in to unmask]

Poof,
Petey TPO...

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
713-472-6599
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man
will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer