From:
linda soule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:48:03 -0800
I rec'd this note from a friend of mine that helps take in ferrets
in CA. they are a shelter and they are in trouble, so that means the
ferrets are too.

please read the note below and if you can donate anything, I know
everyone is tired of hearing this, but the sad part is the ferrets are
the ones that will suffer in the end, please send it to debbies paypal
acct. i know every dollar will help right now.

hopefully, this isn't the second post for this.

thanks for helping in anyway you can.

-------

It's with heavy paws that we come to you asking for help.

The bad economy has hurt just about everyone we know -- but we didn't
expect it to hurt us. Our shelter parents have always provided for
us... it's always much better than where we came from... The magic food
bowl always remained full and we never had to see the bottom. We always
have fresh water, and the ferret-maid service is great! Litter changes
at least once and sometimes twice a day. AND we get freedom of being
able to RUN and play every day with our new fuzzy-friends. This week
something changed -- and not for the better. For the first time we
saw the bottom of the neverending food bowl...

Foster-ferret-Dad has been out of work since January, laid off from a
company that he worked for 25 years. The company closed and everyone
lost their jobs. Foster-ferret-Mom devotes her time and energy to
taking care of us since she's disabled and can't work because of her
health: spine problems and she's been feeling bad with diabetes.

Some of our fuzzy friends only stay a very short time...
Foster-ferret-Mom says the club has a permit to transport ferrets out
of state. This takes money for gas and time away from us!

So we hope that this year has been better for you. If so -- would you
like to help us? We need food (Totally Ferret, Innova Evo, or Mazuri
are our favorites); Litter (NON-clumping, like Yesterday's News, or
Good Mews, Alpine Fresh); or Gift Cards/certificates (like to
ferret.com, Shepherd & Green, Ferret Depot, Petsmart, Petco or even
Walmart.com). In a few days we're posting some of the rescues on the
"Giving Tree" at www.ferretgivingtree.com
You're welcome to become a secret Santa for a homeless ferret this
holiday season. If you'd like to send a 'donation' to West Coast
Ferrets it's easy to do thru PayPal: to [log in to unmask]

Thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope your Holiday Season
is warm and fuzzy! From, the "woozles" at Fuzzbutt Central

Debby G.     ~VicePresident West Coast Ferrets
Christine N. ~President West Coast Ferrets Sacramento, Ca

Linda please check out the giving tree for the shelters all over the
US. maybe, you would like to play a secret santa to a little one in
a shelter http://www.ferretgivingtree.com
it is such a wonderful cause and such a huge help to the shelters. find
one of the little ones, sign up to be their santa and have a good time
looking for things for him/her. the hardest part is choosing. FWSRS
ferrets are on tree
14.