From:
Charles Janovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:55:14 -0500
I have a nine month old ferret, male.  I have just brought in a 3 month
old female ferret.  Right now they are in separate quarters.  When I bring
them together , the male hisses.  If they are on the couch or the floor
he tackles her and we break it up well before anyone could get hurt.  My
question is how to get them used to one another?  I figure that they are
trying to establish a pecking order.  Is this normal?

I would appreciate any input you can give me , thanks bandit and chloe's
dad.