From:
Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 06:28:24 -0400
I have a need to express my love for Ferret's, I've owned dogs, cats,
snakes, gerbils, hamsters, and just about any domestic animal you could
think of, but none has ever touched my heart like Ferret's!!!!  When I
purchased my first one ( Tazy ) I knew nothing about them, I purchased a
book and read the whole thing ( which didn't help me much )  What I
learned about them I learned from the WONDERFUL people on the FML!!!!

When my Tazy came down with ECE I was totally freaked out and cried ALOT,
my heart felt like it was breaking in two, so instead of panicking I asked
alot of questions, and received alot of help from people on the FML
especially from Mike Janke, he was a GREAT HELP and calmed me down ALOT!!!
Through him and the South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue I was able to
nurse my boy back to health and Tazy is now a whopping 3.5 pounds of furry
love!!!!  Again Tazy just came down sick with some 24 hour thing and had to
be put in hospital over night, again my heart was broken he was soooo sick
he was vomiting alot and had DARK runny poop with a reddish cast to it!!!!!
We still don't know if it was ECE related or just some kind of 24 hour bug,
but he's doing GREAT once again, so my heart is back on the mend!!!!!

I just wanted to share my feelings about Ferret's and how VERY MUCH I love
them.  I now have two, Tazy, a black sable and Trouble, a silver mitt, and
believe me the name Trouble suits him to the tee!!!!  I just bought a new
cage which houses up to 6 fuzzy's so I guess you know that I have future
plans to adopt at least one or two more!!!  My mom says I'm obsessed with
them (OH WELL ).  This kind of obsession suits me just fine!!!!!  My boys
are the love of my life and are my life!!!!  Sorry about the long post,
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND, My PRAYERS go out to ALL you sick and
homeless Fuzzy's out there!!!!!  PLEASE be extra good to your Fuzzy's and
give them ALL the love they so much deserve!!!!!  Take care!!!!

Dawn, Tazy, and Trouble