From:
Annette Friedenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:07:25 +0200
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 john rich wrote:
>Could You tell Me How long do MOST ferrets live there?  Just approx.
>lifespan.

That is difficult to say.  I'd say 7-8 years, from my own experience.  I
don't think that by not-early neutering a ferret alone a ferret will live
longer.  A lot of factors play a role in the lifespan of an animal.  E.g.
do the ferrets get adrenal problems and/or insulinoma, or other diseases
and at what age do they become ill.

About deaf ferrets: I think it is important to make information available
about the Waardenburg syndrome for example.  A few months ago, I had
ferrets for boarding in my ferret hotel and the owners almost bought the
"cutest blaze ferret" on their holidays/family visit in the States.

This color is very rare in the Netherlands, and I hope it stays that way.
These people had never heard of Waardenburg syndrome.

Stephenie, I wish you strength with the organisations of the symposium,
I know it takes a lot of hard work!  Chapeau!

Annette