From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:32:49 -0400
Hi.  Just suggestion.  If your ferret really hates the dental scraping, he
may not like toothbrushing, either-we don't do either, but I know ours hate
it when we try and even LOOK in their mouths.  What we do is give them
Foamy Fries on occasion.  I can't remember which vet said it-I think it
was in an FHL crosspost from Dr. Bruce Williams, though (I could be wrong!)
that the best things for the good dental hygiene for ferrets was good
kibble and Foamy Fries.  Ours LOVE Foamy Fries-they smell like molasses-and
Foamy Fries are 100% digestible, made from human-grade food materials and
you can get them thru the Ferret Store.  They love the way it feels to chew
them (the texture I guess is like the foam rubber they all like to chew but
can't have) and it's a treat to them, so it's an easy way to help keep the
teeth clean.  Ours have great teeth and we've never even had to scrape
them.  Hope this helps!

Dooks!

-April and the gang