From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 09:40:36 -0800
>A general animal type question.  Where do the vets get blood needed for
>animals that are operated on or come in injured?

One of the services provided by the Oregon ferret shelter (affiliated with
the OFA) is providing ferret blood donors to ferrets in need.  The local
ferret vets are aware of this important service and have taken advantage of
it on more than one occasion.  A small amount of blood is taken from
several large healthy males.  One of the ferrets we eventually adopted was
a donor twice.  This service has been credited in saving the life of at
least one fortunate ferret.

Support your local shelter, they do more good than you will probably ever
realize!

Elayne Barclay