From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 22:02:49 -0400
I read the anonymous poster (California DJ)'s post about food digging.  When
I posted about this problem with my Scooter some months ago, I got a lot of
good suggestions, including using a half coconut shell as a feeder, and
mounting my feeder WAY up so that he couldn't dig in it.

THe solution that worked best for me was Corrine Rooney's.  She suggested
that I take a small Tupperware/Rubbermaid/whatever container with a lid, and
use that as a feeder.  I cut a hole in the middle of the lid just big enough
to accomodate a ferret's mouth, drilled two small holes in the back of the
container, and twisttied it (through the holes) to the wire of their cage.
The problem isn't 100% solved (Scooter is both very persistent and very
STRONG!), but it hasn't gotten much better.  If you need further
instructions, just let me know (through the FML, if you prefer to stay
anonymous), and I will email them/post them to the FML.

    (000)___(000)                                         |