From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:23:04 -0400
I took Noodle back to the vet today for a 2 week checkup.  I have a couple
questions, but let me summarize his health condition up to this point:

2.5yr
About 2 months ago, started being lethargic & losing weight slowly
Possibly funny/tarry stools, but normal stool now
Hind end wobbliness
2 weeks ago we went in for a blood panel and xray and lung aspirate. Blood
panel showed anemia, xray showed 'light densities' on the lungs, lung
aspirate showed nothing.
Went on flagyl for 1 wk & chloromycetin palmitate for 12 days, suspecting
gastric ulcer, GI tract bleeding
Slight improvement, slight weight gain (certainly not losing weight), more
alert in general but still tires out very quickly. Attitude good, tho.
Still hind end wobbliness.

Today's vet results showed that the 'light densities' on the lungs have
spread and darkened somewhat, and are definitely worse than two weeks ago.
He is still anemic.  The vet put him on .7cc 2x/day Baytril until next
Tuesday, when we have another appointment where they may do another lung
aspirate (aka "trachea wash," sounds fun) and may test for lymphoma although
symptoms don't seem to indicate cancer.  The vet suspects pneumonia, hence
Baytril.

He has continued to eat and drink well throughout.  No runny nose or eyes,
currently no funny stool, no pattern hair loss, no dribbling urine, no undue
aggressiveness.  If anything, he's been eating more than usual.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Melissa and the two-million-dollar ferrets

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters