Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:53:03 -0500
Hello everyone and thank you for all of your help and support at this bad
time..  I have an update on Bandit..This past Sunday early Monday morning
Bandit had another episode of labored breathing and drooling and I called
Steve Resnick who offered to help me with Bandits medical care.He came to
my apartment and took Bandit to his vet for me..He has 28 ferrets and used
this vet for a long time..He told me he was very ferret knowledgeable and
since I was not pleased at all over the way the vet I used (Dr. David
Kupersmith) mis-diagnosed him totally.I now know from new tests Bandit has
insulinoma and that is why he was breathing labored and drooling..When Dr.
Kupersmith tested Bandit's glucose it was 68 but he kept insisting that it
was low due to not eating overnight..He told me he had no idea what was
wrong with Bandit and told me he needed to be seen by his cardiologist for
an ultrasound of his heart..when he recuperated..Bandit was eating and
drinking when I took him home last Tuesday night from Kupersmith..then
Bandit displayed signs of rapid breathing once more..he then got over it
and was fine until this past Sunday early Monday when I decided to seek a
new vet because Kupersmith did not know why Bandit had labored breathing
and drooling ...I could not stand to see my bandit suffering so badly and
then called Steve Resnick who is a godsend..He truly does love ferrets and
if not for his kindness and support who knows if Bandit would still be
alive now??  Though I have to wait to see how the new vet Dr. Michael Weiss
will treat Bandit at least I know Bandit now is in very good hands..He is
at Dr. Weiss's and today I should hear from Steve about what treatment he
will be needing..I am at this point very angry at Dr.Kupermsith for doing
the exploratory surgery and found his adrenals were enlarged the right
more so then the left yet did nothing..He did not remove either adrenal and
then told me he needed more tests despite my asking to do another glucose
test..He told me he did not know why Bandit was drooling and breathing
labored..I am angry he wanted me to wait two weeks first to see the
cardiologist despite my fears of Bandit having another attack of labored
breathing..As it turned out Bandit did indeed have another seizure and
since Dr.Kupersmith still had no clue what was wrong I then called Steve
for help..  I really do not feel after Bandit being misdiagnosed that I
should have to pay the bill but have no idea what to do to let that vet
know why..I am not that kind of person to not pay any bill,yet this time
maybe because I love Bandit so much I feel he was not treated right and had
a surgery for nothing,since Dr. Kupersmith did not remove anything even
though the adrenals were enlarged..and he still had no idea what was wrong
with bandit when a simple re-test of Bandit could have saved Bandit from
having another seizure I am asking any of you what to do about paying the
rest of bandits bill..should I?  should I write a letter stating why I do
not want to?  Please give me some good insight..I reall would appreciate
it..all I want is for my Bandit to not suffer anymore..and get the
treatment he needs..and thanks to Steve he is...

Take care and hug all of your babies for us here...

Michele
~To touch someone....You must first touch their heart~