From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 01:23:12 -0400
We don't normally use the ferret harnesses.  I have in the past and will in
the future but wouldn't leave the harness on the ferret most of the time.
Was dumb enough to try that about 6 years ago when I only had my first
sprite.  She could wriggle out of it unlessshe got snagged on something.
That shows two different problems.  If she wasn't snagged the harness
wasn't reliably attached.  If she was snagged she could have gotten injured
(fortunateky never happened to her).

Altered ferret pairs can be usually any gender.  Sometimes hobs (even
altered to gibs) do NOT get along.  I don't usually recommend to our
'clients' that they try two hobs/gibs together.  Of course We have two
gibs that get along perfectly and don;t usually welcome any other
roommates...

You never really know which two ferrets will get along best but usually
the problems we've had are with whole animals or late neuters.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets