From:
Ishka Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 09:16:59 PST
Hi everyone

I decided my Farley (18 months) was lonely and that he needed a friend.
We chose a really nice girl, Cybil from our local ferret rescue.  She just
turned 7 months.  I was given 10 days by the shelter to decide whether they
would get along or not and it's not going so good.

I've tried giving them a bath together and then letting them play in the
bathroom afterwards.  Putting they're cages side by side.  Supervised play
time together which always results in a fight in which Farley puts off a
scent.  Just holding them on my lap and letting them smell each other.
Nothing seems to be working.  Needless to say it's been more than the 10
days.  Cybil's so sweet and loveable that I decided to have her fixed and
make her a permanent part of our family.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's something
else I could try or maybe its just not been enough time(were at 3 weeks
now).

Would appreciate any advise or help that you may have.

Thanks, Ishka