From:
Sarah DeVellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2012 22:57:11 -0500
One our ferrets, Stoli; a DEW, went to the vet today. He's been having
some unrelenting tummy issues, his belly is very bare after his last
shed, his little wee was very red and irritated, along with some other
symptoms.

He was tested for Adrenal with a blood test that was sent out
and he was given a urinalysis by extraction with a syringe for testing.

Upon returning from the vet, after wandering around for a bit, he went
to bed. A few hours later he wandered out of the open cage and came
over to us COVERED in blood. His belly and wee were coated as was his
entire face (this is the part where I flipped out and panicked) while
my husband examined Stoli and cleaned him, I jumped up to call the vet
and saw a puddle of blood/pee in the floor. We figured out his face
was covered from licking himself.

The vet said that she had forgotten to tell us that sometimes...this
happens after a urinalysis because it had to be extracted. It should
stop by tomorrow.

Is this true? Has anyone else experienced this horrific scene before??

<3
Sarah
Lelu, Stoli, Oscar and Tessa