From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:34:51 -0500
Central IL Ferret Connection will be having our get together Sunday June
6th at 2:00 PM.  We will meet at 1504 N.  4th St.  in Pekin, IL.  This is
a very easy place to get to with easy access to Interstate 74.  Everyone
interested in ferrets is welcome to join us for a relaxing afternoon
talking about FLO operations, exchanging helpful information, drinking
coffee or soda and eating cookies or cake.  We hope you'll join us.  The
admission price is Zero and worth every penny!  You may call me at
309-347-2235 for further information or specific directions.  If the 5
FLO agents don't answer the phone just leave a message with your number
and I will return your call ASAP.

On a personal note, Buddy (aka Chubbs) has completely succumbed to his
kidnapper's (Dee) wiles.  She gives him raisins and Cheerios for breakfast
followed by generous quantities of Nutrical and Ferretone!  He barely
admits knowing me now!  Just a few kisses before wanting to get back to
Dee.  The little traitor!

His official weight at the vets last week was 3~ pounds.  Last Thanksgiving
when he was so weak from starvation that he couldn't stand on his own I
prayed he would one day be this happy.  God does answer prayer.

Dee and I took all 9 into Dr. Chuck Burmeister (worlds best vet - although
I admit I'm just a little partial) for yearly shots and exams.  Everyone
except Hillary was given a clean bill of health and Dee and I were given
the bill of (wallet) ill health.  Actually Chuck gave us a quantity
"discount", scheduled 1 hour for us and answered many of our dumb
questions.  He is a great vet and we commented that 2 of the 9 he has
saved with operations in the past.

Hillary has a cough that has been with her since last fall.  We've tried
antibiotics and antihistamines and now x-ray and bloodtest to check for
heartworm.  We don't know why she has this cough.  Chuck says she looks
perfect for a 3 year old girl ferret in the x-ray.  She hasn't lost weight
or energy.  And she certainly hasn't stopped climbing things that other
ferrets only dream of.  She is still the 1~ pound head ferret around
here.  ???  Any ideas?  ???

I hope everyone else's FLO operatives are as healthy as ours.  And their
2-leggers too.

John Gordon in Pekin, IL with Bill, Hillary, Leroy, Baby Girl and Hershey
inviting you to join us next Sunday.  (I'm not mentioning the traitor Buddy
but Dee's Jack, Jill and Lucky also hope you'll come to our meeting.)