From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 15:55:11 EST
Hi to all,
First I want to thank everyone who has responed about this monster owning
ferrets.  some of your letters were very "colorful", I have to admit they
put a smile on my face.

So,  here is where I am at now with this situation.

The local paper the Review Journal came to my house on Thursday to do an
article on the situation.  said he was going to try to run it the next day.
Well here it is Sunday and still no piece on the Tyson ferret.  But they
did a blurb on how he was sighted at a local high class restaurant, chowing
down on seafood,and I'm sure washing it down with bottled water.  Well I'm
glad to see that this jerk can at least feed himself.  what I am finally
comming to realize is that either the local media here is afraid to run a
story like this for fear of Tyson, or because it was just a couple of
ferrets, who cares.

So, now being really P.O.ed, I will go to outside media for this to get
attention, as someone wrote to me, Sukie i think, the more media it gets
the better the chances of him getting charged with animal neglect.  So
heres where you all come in, I will give the number to animal control here
in Las Vegas to call, and the RJ, (the paper), to call or write, whatever
you want to do to get this covered.  Look at the situation in Canada, with
Randy and Ferret Aid, and The snowy ferret.  He got convicted and many
people called and raised a fuss, thay may have helped.  So lets do the
same here!!!

Here are some numbers to call:
Clark County Animal Control: 702-455-7710, the guy in charge of the case
right now is Joe Boteilho.  if anyone here in Vegas knows the website or
email to them., feel free to post it.

Fox5 news, Colleen Mc Carty, she sat on the story a week and finally did a
short story on it on the 10 pm news, no folow up whatso ever.  702-436-8260
or fax at 702-436-2507 addy is 25 TV5 Drive, Hendersoon, NV.  89014

Hers is the reported for the Review Journals numbers: Phone is
702-383-0307, fax is 702-383-4676.  The papers addy is P.O.  box 70, 1111
W. Bonanza Rd., Las Vegas, Nv.  89125-0070 The website is www.lvrj.com

I will be writing to media sources today, lets hope it does some good.
anyone in Vegas, come one lets put the pressure on this, just because it
was just ferrets lets not let this go.

A dog got shot in Henderson by a corrections officer a few weeks ago and
everyone is on that story, and the 2 bears locked in a horse trailer with
hardly any food and water that got rescued had a benefit given to them by
the Hilton to help raise money for their cause.  Ferrets, are I guess oh
well, just little rodents?

Well last but not least, little Blonka, aka Robin, is going to the vet on
Monday for some bloodwork, she has a great appitite and is calming down,
but still just a little twig.  she is the cutest thing ever!  Ok, they all
are!!  I will post photos on someones website for all to see, i don't have
one yet, but would like all of you too see the ferrets, the deceased photos
aren't pretty but its reality.  If you can help with this just let me know.
Also i will be renaming the little girl, Blonka to a name that i will not
let anyone know, I have received calls of folks trying to adopt her because
of who she is.  she will need an anon. name, so if you refer to her lets
use the name Tyson gave her, " Blonka " for now.  i don't want her adopted
out, when she is ready to go, just because she was owned by this jerk.  I
want her to have a loving home that loves her just for her.  I'm naming to
deceased ferret Apology, for I am truly sorry I couldn't have saved him
from dying such a horrible death.

Thanks again,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
5383 Via De Palma Dr. Las Vegas, Nv. 89012  702-876-8224