From:
Jen N Andre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:45:10 -0400
>(I seem to remember a parallel between people with ferrets and people who
>suffer from chronic depression/ bipolar disorders)

Who among us has never questioned the rationale of keeping these
toe-nipping, plant-digging-upping, shelf-climbing,
stuff-pushing-off-the-shelfing, wallet-stealing little vandals in our own
homes?  Every time I see Fig perched upon some high shelf that I had no
idea she could climb, or when I see Newton making that hole in the couch
bigger, these thoughts run through my mind.

Seriously though, I have never heard of any connection between mood
disorders and people who own ferrets, in fact these little clowns make me
laugh so often it would seem difficult to be sad when they are bouncing
around.

Best wishes to Christine, always think of how happy those little ferrets
are.  I hope you will be a ferret mom again soon

Jen
Newton, Dobie, Fig and Mojo
(OMG, 4x the badness!)