Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:14:02 -0800
This is a follow up post about a 7 year old ferret who has both
Insulinoma and Adreanal disease. I took him to the vet today and had
his glucose checked (two hours after he got his normal pred dosage).
Is glucose level was 58. We are adding diasoxide to his pred.

I knew or at least thought that hind end weakness can be caused by
Adreanal disease and he is an older ferret and usually rested more
than he moved around. It just bothered me that his hind legs were so
weak. Now we know it was due to his insulinoma. We will have him on the
diasoxide for a couple weeks and recheck his glucose and go from there.

Thank you to everyone who replied and offered information

Mike