From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:33:43 -0600
>From:    Alan Bradwell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: digging in plants
>
>we have a very nice plant in our house, its the only one on floor level
>and the only plant that Rolo can get to and thats exactly what he does.
>
>he digs the soil out and has on a couple of occasions dug in a matter of
>seconds so that the plant has no covered roots and it falls over, he then
>runs off wtih what i can only describe as a grin on his little face and
>mud on his guilty little feet.
>
>it was suggested to me that putting a couple of his stools in the soil
>might help because he would not like the smell, but it does not seem to
>have helped.  i have put large pebbles on top of the soil but he is a
>big chap and he pushes them off and in he goes.

Ferts dig.  That is just a fact of life.  You can get some flat rocks and
cover the soil with them or you can get a piece of hardware cloth and cut
it to fit inside your pot and around the trunk of the plant.  Bury that
just below the surface of the soil.  The easiest thing to do is going to
be to move the plant up out of his reach or outside.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you've ever used a laundromat as a mailing address.