From:
Lonita & Ed wolfrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:13:57 -0500
After following some good advice from some fellow FMLers, I started to
contact the local animal shelters near here.  I found out, much to my
surprise that although they had little previously to do with ferrets, they
are willing to learn and accepted offers of help and information where
ferrets are concerned.  All people I called asked intelligent questions
about rabies shed studies and species facts that we tried to teach to their
Michigan counterparts.  (OOPS, sorry, can't say that...after hearing Kodo's
story, one officer said she didn't want to be lumped in with Karen Burns).
I was also promised that as far as 'local' was concerned, NO immunized
animal would be killed to test.  One officer I talked to was shocked that I
would even ask.  It looks good for rural Arkansas

On a side note;
I don't write much, please be patient with me on this.  So many people are
worrying about who leads.  Does it really matter?  The more support we can
gather the better.  If we can get to the point where we do not care who gets
the glory or who holds the reins, and all just work together; we will be
able to defeat this ignorance.  Our woozles are worth the peace it takes to
get the job done.  Surely we don't have to act like Karen Burns to make OUR
point.  Maybe a group should head this organization up, but not national...
world.  Volunteer rather than paid.  There are a lot of ferret owned people
who cannot volunteer money, but are willing to volunteer time and effort.
I myself, am not knowlegeable enough to serve on such a board, but not
everyone can be a chief... anyone want to join me at being an indian?

No insult was intended to anyone, here.  Just venting a little frustration
at the number of organizations.  We came together for Kodo and we continue
to light candles for him.  We can pull together like we did when he was
here, and save our others with the same fervor.

Loni and the crew
Dotter, Hoszer, Dawn, Merlin, Spaz, Sugar, and Salty