From:
Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:14:56 -0500
The problem is, I don't want there to be a problem!  Ferret vs. rabbit,
that is.  I am the proud first-time mom to a darling sable sweetheart I got
from a shelter this past weekend.  He is a 1 & 1/2 years old, neutered, much
too skinny male, and was the only ferret there amongst the cats; apparently,
we are at least his fourth home (his last owner only kept him a week).
Which I don't understand, because he is absolutely darling!  NO bad manners
whatsoever... not even a nip, even if you stick your finger in his mouth,
come between him and his food, or happen to be a four year old like my
daughter.  And he sleeps cuddled up with us.  Absolutely loves affection.
Fell asleep in my arms on the very first day home.  Ignores my hundred pound
dog (except to climb over him if he happens to be in the way-- the dog
welcomed him wholeheartedly).  The cat is scared of him and runs away; he
doesn't appear to notice.

But then this morning, I took him in my daughter's room with the rabbit
cage for the first time, and I can see right off that he's a little TOO
interested in the bunny, if you know what I mean, and I thought the rabbit
(who also ignores both dog and cat, by the way) was going to die of a heart
attack on the spot.

My daughter dearly loves her bunny; Santa brought him this past Christmas.
And I don't want to have to keep her room shut off from the rest of the
house forever.  "Getting rid" of my darling is out of the question, too.
So, WHAT DO I DO???  HELP!!!!!!!!!

My wonder-baby's name is Sleuth Moogie the Carpet Shark, "Moogie" for short
(my husband named him... go figure), in case you're interested!

Vickie, the menagerie keeper in Reno