From:
Susan Benysh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:11:08 -0500
Hello All

It has been a while since I have been on this list, and even longer since I
posted.  But, now, I am out of school and working in the "real" world.  And,
with this new-found freedom comes new-found ferrets.  I registered with the
no-kill cat shelter that I would be willing to foster ferrets.  I registered
last March and just got a pair this past weekend.  They are two good little
girls.  One is named Brittany and is about 3 years old.  Buddy (who was
mistaken as a male) is only 6 months old and from the smell, is not
descented and probably not fixed either.

I am curious about other people who have fostered.  We have fostered, but
not too much, and it was long ago.  How do you make sure that adopters fix
the ferrets and take care of them?  Do you advertise in the paper?  The
no-kill shelter is not returning my calls, so I will have to stop by there
today after work.  Is there an adoption fee to re-coup the costs?  Or should
there be a standard fee that is donated to the no-kill shelter to ensure
that the adopters are sincere about their new kits?

Geesh, I guess just general questions on fostering . .

Thanks in advance.

Susan Benysh