From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 17:11:42 -0400
I wish to apologize to all of you folks out there that have emailed me
all these past several weeks about my kids. Offers to help, advice, and
names.... Many big fuzzie hugs and thanks to Sukie who sent me several
sites for my vet to access for medical information about Indy.

I wanted to give you a quick update on the kids.

Grimmy, the little sweet black sable boy who was suffering from
"shelter shock" and 'depression" from being dumped at the shelter by
his former owner. Grimmy has learned to not only eat again, but that
he can find friendship with other ferrets, including Harry one of his
cagemates who lost his dear Sally just a few months ago. Both boys are
elderly and seemed to have bonded now. Soo sweet to see them sleeping
curled up together in the hammie. Grimmy is still a bit skinny but we
are definitely on the road to recovery and happiness. I believe that
Grimmy and Harry will be fostered out this weekend. This will be an
excellent situation for both boys who need more individual care than
a shelter mom can provide.

Iris is doing well. She is a sweet, bright-eyed, high-white silver who
has a huge spirit to live and to be a ferret. Shy but eager to be
loved. She has recovered as best as she can and her doctor says for
neurological reasons, she is unable and will never be able to control
her bladder and her legs. She still manages to get around with her
front paws and can wiggle big time! But she is messy and must be caged
by herself. I wish she did not have to be alone in a cage but it is
not fair to other ferrets for them to be in messy bedding since she
cannot potty properly and most times, poops and pees in her bedding.
But she is in a playgroup with other kids and enjoys her time out.

Indy is fabulous once again! He is on antibiotics and this seems to
have done the trick for now, at least. One clinical sign that I
accidently omitted from my post was his partial paralysis. He appeared
to have some inability to move his back legs. For whatever reason, he
either could not or would not, move his back legs and that is why his
doctor speculated that Indy might be suffering from tetanus. We still
do not have any conclusive diagnosis but his doctor thinks Indy may be
suffering from a recurring infection of the brain.

Iris and Indy will be permanent residents here at Raisins so we will
continue to monitor them closely.

Maren Doshier
Founder/President
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS