Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:58:08 -0500
Elvis Update 2/10/2000: Elvis is alive and well in Plainfield, NJ.  He
managed to charm the recalcitrant hubby by war-dancing in circles around
his feet, chuckling like a madman.  Elvis gets to play in the bathroom with
me in the mornings while I get ready for work.  He's obviously happy as he
dances around and chases a rattle ball all over.  I've noticed that what I
thought was a white spot on the bridge of his nose is actually a bare spot
(possibly with a small bump), maybe caused by rubbing/sticking his nose
into/out of a small opening.  I'll be keeping an eye on it, of course.

Oh, by the way, I've got a question.  We all know about the Marshall Farms
ear tattoos.  (I will not get into the discussion about Marshall Farms.  I
think we all are aware of THAT problem.) What about the other commercial
breeders.  I know there's Path Valley and there's supposedly another one.
How does one identify a ferret from these places?  Do they mark their kits
with tattoos or the like?  I've been wondering about that one for a while.

Anastasia and the pile o' pets