From:
Yuri Takemoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 22:05:00 +0900
I posted here a few days ago and have asked all of you for the current
situation in Singapore.

Yesterday I received their reply from City Veterinary Center that ferret is
illegal and is banned to enter the country.  They didn't explain any reasons
in the letter, but I suppose that they are afraid of transmitting of new
disease causing germs and/or landlords' policies.  So, I would like to hear
from anyone who has had experiences with helping someone by providing some
materials indicating how safe and wonderful pet ferrets are!!  Even any
small comments or explanation would be greatly helpful.  I have neither book
nor literature regarding ferret.  I have only a set of FAQ.  I would like to
send a letter to them and to ask the reason why ferrets cannot permitted
there; I believe that it would be better to enclose information on ferret
for their better understanding.

If they have had enough knowledge about ferret and decided their law, I
should follow it, I hope that they don't know about ferret well, though.  It
is because ferret is NEW here in Japan, and a lot of wrong information have
been had by pet shop owners and even by VET.  Few people know its presence
here.  My kid, a MF silver mitt, cost about $1,000.00.  As the other fearful
example, I read that some shops sell a set of "a ferret and a pair of
cutting pliers" because they believe that the cuspid teeth are dangerous and
recomend to cut ferrets' teeth!!!

Anyhow I would like to my utmost to take him with me and live with him there
because he is my family.  I appreciate any comments or information.  Please
help me!

Thank and best wishes to all ferrets,
Yuri

96/03/20(Wed) 21:50 Yuri Takemoto <[log in to unmask]>