From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 05:42:47 -0400
I'm in the same boat as far as being addicted to my four footed family.  I
especially had to take a minute and respond that I too DREAD vacation.

I also don't work outside my home (I like to tease my friends by telling
them I'm a "kept" woman), and I think I would be lonely at home a lot of
the time if I didn't have my fuzzbutts for company.  This benefits them
because they get more playtime and attention than the average house weasel.

The problem is however, that my mother is always asking me to come visit
her on the other side of the country.  Last time I went I did take the
ferrets, but I only had two then.  I now have four, and not only would it
be impossible for me to take them all - I wouldn't want to.  Tending to
two for the 13 hours it took me to get cross country last time was pretty
stressing.

My family loves the ferrets and understands my devotion to an extent.  But
when I cite them as a reason I can't just come visit at the drop of a hat
they just say "well can't you board them or get a sitter?"   They don't
understand how hard it is to find someone you trust to care for your little
ones, and more over that I really don't want to leave them for that long!

I'm really dreading Christmas this year because I know I really don't have
much choice but to go (I begged off last year).  I'm glad to know that I
can tell my mom that I'm not the only one suffering from ferret separation
anxiety.

Robynn and the Fearsome Foursome