From:
Lorraine Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:54:58 -0500
Anonymous Poster (from C.F., Fizzygig and Little Louie) wrote:
>I have a question.  Is is true that alot of black eyed white ferrets are
>deaf?

I collected a few posts on deaf ferrets that I can send you or anybody else
that is interested.  Here is a sample below

M. Smith wrote: >I am wondering if it's a normal trait for a blackeyed

Bill Killian wrote:
>A dark eyed white ferret is not an albino although it does genetically
>have a partial albinism gene.  The partial albinism gene along with the
>Waardensburg gene also present in dark eyed whites is connected to deafness.
>So unfortunately, yes.

 Lorraine Tremblay
 Webmistress of Mustela Canada / Webmestre de Mustela Francia
 Owner of the Ferret Curiosity Shop