From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 09:07:02 -0800
Hope everyone and their fuzzy friends had a great holiday!

I am just wondering if anyone knows what may have been wrong with my Tazz.
He seemed like he was losing weight to me in his hindquarters, but I thought
it was because of all the wrestling he's been doing with Critter.  I have
only had Tazz for a month.

Anyway, I brought a new kit home on Saturday and he played with it.  By
Monday he seemed very listless and lethargic.  Again I suspected stress.

On Christmas Eve he looked really bad.  He wasn't peeing at all so I
considered bladder stones.  Then he seemed not to be pooping either and his
abdomen felt odd and lumpy so I thought blockage.  He was projectile
vomiting and crying.  I gave him some hairball remedy -- no blockage (LOTS
of no blockage!) -- but still no pee.

I know I should have called a vet, but I live in a FFZ and it was Christmas
Eve and I was totally broke.

He wouldn't eat at all, and was barely able to open his eyes.  I mixed
Catsip(some milk treat for cats), pedialyte, Ferretvite and chicken baby
food and fed him with a medicine syringe.  He would eat some and then run
away and paw his mouth and gag.

I nursed him like that for three days and he gradually got better.  He is
now peeing and pooping normally, leaping onto counters, running around the
house -- being a happy frit.

(He still wants the milk stuff -- it's taurine fortified, lactose free and
marketed as a daily treat for cats -- do you think it's okay?)

SS

Critter -- "Blankets, more blankets, more blankets"
Tazzmo -- "If you can't jump, climb, if you can't climb, dig, If you can't
dig, pout"
Fearless Flying Fang -- "Too busy to talk!!!!"