From:
DPJP zona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 22:37:33 EDT
Hello again,
This is a record, two posts in two days!!!!  This time I have a solution
instead of a problem.

Regarding algae in waterbottles, instead of buying one of those brushes that
never get all of the stuff anyway, I used a simple paper towel.  Here's how.

Fill bottle about 1/2 full of water then add a couple of drops of dish
detergent, fold up a single sheet of paper towel into a rectangular shape
and insert it into bottle.  When towel is fully wet, empty out all but 1/2 a
shot glass (for lack of a better measure) of soapy water and then shake
towel inside of bottle until all of the algae is removed.  Add some water to
shake out paper towel then rinse till no more soap bubbles can be seen.

This method has always worked for me and the addition of soap helped to keep
recurrence of the algae to a minimum.

Ahhhhhhhh, I feel better already not having told you of another danger
around the house!!!!

Hugsandkissestothefuzzies
Daniel Poryanda