From:
Sherry Stenglein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:46:28 -0800
>From:   suzi lambert [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
>
>I was wondering, when ferrets get their shots (distemper and rabies
>vaccine) does your vet use the shoulder/neck area or the back leg area?

Mine just got their yearly vaccinations (I only agree to the one for
distemper, not rabies) and my vet gives that in their scruff/shoulder
area.  The two newer ones I took home (actually I was only supposed to be
babysitting, but the person said I could just keep them) had ear mites
and so everyone had to get another shot for that, which also was in their
scruff.  I've never seen a vet give ferret vaccines in their legs, that
would be difficult and I would think more painful to them.

~Sherry