From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 21:01:35 EST
Well, Mee Maw's using the big pooter for some business stuff right now, so
I'm using my poor li'l ol' 486 to write this in the hope that I can figure
out how to transfer it to an e-mail on Cserve.  Whoever said that life is
dull never owned three computers, one ferret and nine cats.

Anyway, to continue with the 'life is never dull' theme, my company doctor
gave me some rather interesting news on Monday.  He said that, in addition
to tearing all the major muscles in the right side of my back, that I was
either coming down with shingles or had bone cancer on the left side.  He
said that he mentioned the bone cancer because he felt that I should have
broken out in a rash by that time if shingles was the problem.  He said to
give it a few more days to see what happened, and that I shouldn't worry
about it.  Yeah, right.

Good news.  Everything is now very rosy.  It's shingles.  Guess I'll just
have to call a good roofing contractor.  My main concern now is for Tater.
I didn't see anything in the FAQ about shingles so, being the natural
worry-fart that I am, I'm concerned about Tater catching it.  As those of
you who have managed to stay awake while reading our adventures will recall,
Tater sleeps in the bed with Mee Maw and me.  He spends at least part of
each night curled up next to me, and I don't wear a shirt to bed.

Should I worry about the little guy?  I certainly don't want him to come
down with some weird mutation of the chicken pox virus which, I'm told, is
what shingles is.  Mee Maw and I would really be devastated if anything
happened to the little guy because I had a bad roof.  We love our Tater
more than mere words can say.

PLEASE give us your advice and knowledge on this matter.  I asked the
company doctor about it and he smugly informed me that weasels were not
covered by Workman's Comp.  No duh - thanks Doc.  I'm counting on you folks
out there on the FML.  E-mail us directly or post your response here.  Mee
Maw reads her Bible lesson every morning; I read the FML every afternoon.
Isn't balance a wonderful concept.  Guess I'll have to wear a T-shirt to bed
for a while.

Paw Paw:  "If everything's rosy, how come it hurts so d... much?"
Tater:    "Unclean! Unclean!"
Mee Maw:  "How 'bout that, he does deserve a little sympathy. I
           hate it when that happens!"