From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:58:51 -0500
A note to someone who left a young sable ferret in a Petco box at the
curb in KC, KS, just in case you're out there:

Your ferret was found by a lady with a large heart.  She called us and we
have him at the shelter.  I know that you took good care of him as his
coat and teeth are in fine shape, he is plump and happy, and you left a
small supply of Totally Ferret Food with him along with a note asking
someone to give him a good home.  He does not appear to have fleas or ear
mites and he is eating well and playing like mad in the rice box.  So
don't worry about him.  I'm sorry that you couldn't keep him but we will
find someone who can and who will love him a lot.

(Now everyone please wipe your eyes and give thanks.)

Bobbi McC., KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter