From:
"Megan M. Burns" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 07:34:48 -0500
I being one that lives here in Chicago, think it's BS about this proposed
ordinance.

Vicki faxed me the ordinance and I can see that apes, chimpanzees etc are
dangerous to have around.  They even mention animals like Elephants and
others..

Personally I see it to be a bunch of uneducated people (Uneducated about
ferrets anyways) that are putting together this Ordinance.  In the
orignal newspaper article I can understand the other things that they
mention as far as ordinances go; lowering the speed limit etc.

I don't think its fair that now they are trying to pull off banning such
wonderful animals.  I would hate to start keeping my kids indoors and not
taking them on walks or to the grocery store with me etc.  I would hate
to start living like those in California who do illegally have
ferrets.... This is just a bummer *sigh*