From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:54:00 -0400
Someone posted about a ferret who has been sick for 3 weeks, on pepto 4
times a day, etc., then watery diahrrea became present, and the ferret is
losing weight, etc..

This sounds like your ferret may have a secondary infection.  This can be
very serious!  Don't hesitate to get your ferret to a vet experienced with
ferrets and these situations.  Your ferret probably needs antibiotics.
Didley, one of mine, suddenly began having watery diarrhea during an
otherwise average case of ECE, and he went down fast!  The vet put him on
Metronidazole and he improved almost immediately!  But he was in serious
condition and may not have survived without this treatment.  Please take
action immediately to get your ferret to a vet.

Personally, I would probably stop the pepto at this point too, sometimes if
they are on it too long or on to large a dose, it can cause problems too.
Email me to keep me updated on your ferrets progress, I may also be able to
help with other recipes to help, etc..  I suggest you get some Deliver 2.0
and get him started on that to stabilize him as you are trying to get him
back on food again.

Hugs to the fuzzies

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter