From:
Joan Clague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:17:38 -0800
>From: Anonymous Poster
>Subject: Munchhausen by proxy involving animals
>
>I honestly can't find much information about this condition as it
>applies to pets, so I would be interested in any information from
>anyone who has been involved with someone like this and/or has any
>information about it. It's possible I know someone who may have it
>and their ferrets could be in danger.

I was sent this by a friend onthe FML and asked to comment on it. This
subject was discussed on another forum some time ago, as a person
posting on that forum was displaying many of the MBP characteristics,
in addition to exhibiting the collector/hoarder mentality.

This person has an extremely high rate of ferrets becoming sick shortly
after they are acquired and many subsequently die when they receive
inadequate, or improper, care and treatment. It is entirely possible
that the ferrets referred to by the poster are in danger if the owner
is getting the attention and reinforcement for his/her behavior that
he/she is seeking.

If anyone would like more information about this person or the forum it
was discussed on, please contact me.