From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:13:58 -0500
Oh Christmas Tree Oh, OH, OH HEY, why aren't the lights working??

This is a story of Christmas past. When our house was blessed with a
small silver ferret named Missie.

Missie thought she was a small human in fur. Being an only child most
of her life made her a very spoiled ferret.

Missie had a wonderful stash of numerous items. One day as I sat
admiring the twinkling Christmas lights that I had so carefully placed
just so, a strange thing happened. The lights stopped working. Not so
strange, sometimes bulbs burn out, right? So I searched the string of
lights for that burned out bulb, only to discover a bulb was missing.
Hmmm, that's odd, how does a bulb fall out of the string of lights? Or
had did they work so long with one missing? So I replaced the bulb and
sat down to admire my handy work again.

Later that evening I noticed once again the lights are no longer
working. And as I check the light string, another bulb is missing.
How do these bulbs fall out of the string?

Out of the corner of my eye I see a small silver body on the arm of the
chair near the tree. Look, Missie is admiring the tree as well, how
cute. She leans oh so close to the tree to get a close look. And then,
gently takes her mouth, and plucks a bulb out of the light string. I
sit in shock as the lights go out, and a silver streak dashes down the
hall. I recover long enough to follow her, only to discover a stash of
several light bulbs. So light bulbs do NOT fall out of the light
string. And how could she so easily pull those bulbs out when I
struggle to pull out the ones that burn out.

Talking to Missie about the pretty lights did no good, and furniture
had to be rearrange. Missie crossed the bridge many years ago with at
a wonderful long age of 9. I would suspect should the lights at the
Rainbow Bridge briefly blink out, that she's once again admiring those
pretty lights.

Now if I can only figure out the mystery of the Christmas tree skirt
that acts like a magic carpet and moves away from the tree on it's
own....

I hope you have many happy and safe Christmas memories with your fuzzy
friends.

Masked Ferret Owner in CA.