Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:20:00 -0400
Hello my fellow FMLer's,

I cannot thank all of you enough for your support and kindness..  I went
through something I do not wish on any living creature..It began this past
Sunday after 2am and still going on because in my opinion the vet that came
highly recommended is not as good as he appears..In my opinion the vet I
currently have been using since I moved to Cherry Hill,New Jersey does not
know as much as he seems to think he does..I will back this up by saying
when he finally examined Bandit this past Monday nite he told me he feels
that Bandit had the following:

- an enlarged prostate gland
- adrenal was enlarged
- kidney might have a stone there

he took an x-ray and told me all of the above after reading it and showing
me the x-ray..He then told me he was keeping Bandit over Nitto to do a few
more things.Another x-ray to see if anything changed and then he told me he
wanted to do an exploratory surgery to see just what was what..He told me
if his adrenal glands were enlarged he would try and remove it and if he
cannot he would give Bandit lupron to take care of the adrenals..He told me
he would have to charge me over $600 for the surgery and I had 6 weeks to
pay the bill in full as he has bills and suppliers to pay and can not be
made to wait longer then that..He spoke allot of how much money everything
was and when I stressed all I wanted was for Bandit to be better..I
reluctantly left my poor baby Bandit there and was told the office would
call to let me know what was going on..Well the office never called and
by 12pm I did and the vet called me back and I asked what was wrong with
Bandit?  why did he suddenly have drooling and labored breathing Sunday and
did he check Bandits glucose which the vet told me he did and it was 68..he
said it was that low from not eating since the day before..and told me he
had to get off the phone because he was going to do the surgery on Bandit..
He called me back at 1:45pm to tell me his adrenals were enlarged the right
more so then the left...but he didn't remove it because he then told me his
heart appeared to be enlarged and was afraid to keep him under any longer..
so now we have bandit with a un-needed surgery and in post surgical pain
for absolutely nothing..The vet told me when I went to pick him up and made
us wait over an hour for that ..that Bandit has to recuperate and then be
seen by a cardiologist for an ultra sound of his heart...and then told me
the bill for that would be over $250..The vet told me he would give bandit
Lupron to help the adrenals..as of today I have no idea if he did and on
the bill there is nothing to indicate he did..I really feel that this vet
just wanted to make some money off of me and doesn't care all that much as
to why Bandit could not breath and was drooling and has no explanation why
still..I brought up once more about the glucose being so low and he told me
it was 68 because he didn't eat and never mentioned he should do a repeat
test..so now Bandit is on anti-biotics and carafate cause now the vet said
well maybe he as an ulcer or stomach problem..I do not recommend this vet
in Cherry Hill New Jersey yet do not want to publicly use his name so if
you live near Cherry Hill, New Jersey please email me privately so I can
give you his name..  I also want to stress that all of this is my opinion
All of this can be backed up as my boyfriend was there with me to hear and
see all of the ordeal happen..So now we are left with Bandit who has
enlarged adrenals and an enlarged heart and no lupron and a vet who wants
Bandit to see his cardiologist for an ultra sound and then if his heart is
enlarged he will give him medicine to help that..I just cannot seem to get
any answers as to why Bandit could not breath right and why he was drooling
and why he had a needless surgery to have the vet you think is so great to
do nothing and talk down to me..

so please if anyone who is here lives in Southern New Jersey has the name
of a vet that is:
understanding to the pet owners feelings and is knowledgeable with ferrets
please email his/her name as when Bandit is recovered I need to have him
begin all over again how to make him better..

thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being here for me during this
awful time in our lives..

My prayers are with all of you with sick or ill ferrets that they recover
quickly..

Thanks again,
Michele and Bandit her 6 year baby :>)

~To touch someone....You must first touch their heart~